Re: Roll Call

DuncanHill wrote:
"I bet my 30
year OS map of teh N.York Moors still works teh same way as a modern
one:-) "

Well... so long as there's been no new roads, housebuilding, quarrying,
railway closures, new rights of way established, old rights of way
extinguished, changes to MOD ranges/danger areas.... oh, and that the
change in magnetic deviation has remained constant over the last 30
years (which it certainly won't have).... then old maps are great!

I bet your 30 yr old map of the N Yorj Moors does not show new rights
of access. In fact i guarantee it which closes off whole areas of the
countryside to you, footpaths? so last century darling.

and I bet the detail is less for micro navigation,

30 yr old maps are not as good as modern ones. You can have more fun
with a modern map

  • Re: Roll Call
    ... year OS map of teh N.York Moors still works teh same way as a modern ... railway closures, new rights of way established, old rights of way ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: Roll Call
    ... year OS map of teh N.York Moors still works teh same way as a modern ... I bet your 30 yr old map of the N Yorj Moors does not show new rights ... 30 yr old maps are not as good as modern ones. ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: Early start dates in a Visio timeline?
    ... I am not certain what you mean to "map the old ... > modern ones and turn off the date display. ... >> Is it possible to add early start dates for a Visio timeline. ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.general)
  • Re: Its always a perfect storm
    ... turnpike, they handed it off to another office, who dropped one datum. ... He had no map. ... this is just the modern life that was ...
    (soc.motss)
  • Re: Ping Scott Nazelrod: US-70 in Hugo OK
    ... Have you ever seen any other evidence other than that map? ... seen any Arkansas maps that show 71 following modern 59. ... There's a different alignment in Fayetteville as well as Greenwood and Mena. ...
    (misc.transport.road)