Re: Ignoring Parents' Wishes

In article <4mie82dptno4oattmgpmqnonu4vaeij8pl@xxxxxxx>,
jrussell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
I know that leaders should act as a "responsible parent", but does that
mean that we can override the wishes of the actual parent?

We only have parental responsibility to the extent that the parent has
delegated it to us -

Parental responsibility CANNOT be delegated. That means that we do not
HAVE parental responsibility, what we have is a DUTY to act as a
responsible parent, that nebulous responsible parent may or may not
agree with the parent of the child in question.

Take this to a higher level...

As a leader , with a duty to act as a responsible parent...

a child in your care has a serious accident, needing a blood
transfusion, do you stop it knowing that the parents are witnesses or do
you decide what a responsible parent woul do? The two are not the same

I, as a leader try to act in the child's best interests, and not the
parent's .

  • Re: 48 Hours/Blaming the Babysitter
    ... without a lawyer OR a parent present. ... month old child to death. ... There's just no evidence other than what was obtained under egregious ... but the babysitter's parents bear some responsibility here also. ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: seeking information
    ... No, a child is not legally responsible to take a parent in, but if the child ... does assume responsibility for the parent, ... Also, a parent is not legally obligated to care for a child, either, given ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: youll never walk alone...
    ... leaders to act as a 'responsible parent' would. ... Responsible - worthy of or requiring responsibility or trust; ... case of risk benefit-analysis. ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: Learning by Readings social importance?
    ... Maybe if one didn't have a child or parent needing ... Caring for a child or parent is a choice made because ... We have to let people take responsibility for their own ...
    (comp.ai.philosophy)
  • Re: This is why Turtill is being a bitch
    ... expected to accept legal responsibility, then a parent has the duty of care. ... that Parental responsibility as detailed in the childrens act ends ... has to act in loco parentis for that person, even though they are above the normal age of legal responsibility. ... The responsibilities of a person who is the advocate or guardian of a person with severe learning difficulties are that of a parent, although treatment cannot be imposed on the person who is being looked after by the guardian by the medical profession, if that guardian is next of kin. ...
    (uk.people.disability)