Re: Transport to London (was HMS Belfast)
- From: "Stephen Rainsbury" <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:07:37 +0100
"James Smith" <dr_baggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> From Edinburgh - it usually worked out cheaper to fly then go by
> sleeper if you get a "dirt" cheap ticket...
A few years back I flew from Edinburgh to Luton, in a 737. As I got up the
ladder the stewardess made some inane comment about having 45 minutes to
unwind before we landed, my reply was something about how could any sane
person unwind in one of these bolt buckets?
"So you know the 737 then sir, have you flown on it much?" She smiled
through gritted teeth.
"Know it? No but I work with the buggers who wrote the flight computer
software and given the choice I wouldn't even walk under the damn thing let
alone fly in one"
"Well then keep it quiet or you will frighten the other passengers" she
smiled sweetly, but looking daggers. I didn't argue.
ADC(Scouts) Gillingham Kent
ESL Agathoid Explorer Scout Unit
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens" - Jimi Hendrix
- Prev by Date: Re: Trailer Tests
- Next by Date: Re: Pontefract Gang Show
- Previous by thread: Re: Transport to London (was HMS Belfast)
- Next by thread: Re: HMS Belfast