Re: Happy Camping!

Its that time of year again - last week before the schools break up and the time when many of us dig our tents back out.

I'm off to Thriftwood next week with the Troop & Unit, then on to the flexi IST for the second weekend of EuroJam - lets hope the weather we've had down here in the south east over the last few weeks holds :o)

Have a good summer of Scouting ...

I will, but not with my own Troop unfortunately.

Despite including the dates for Summer Camp on every termly programme since last September, out of a Troop of 26 I can't get enough to make it worthwhile (ie, only 2 (yes, two) for the whole ten days, and a couple of others for just part of it).

Considering I had 14 on camp at the same time of year last year, I am more than a little disappointed (well and truly hacked off would be a better term for it). The problem for the majority is family holidays clashing. Despite the fact they've known the date since last year.

So, bugger it, I'm off to the lakes with another Troop up the road, along with around 20 lads - including one of mine that was going to go on our camp, and doesn't want to miss out (and why should he?).

Now, I need to carefully consider the wording of the letter that's going to go around the Troop's parents after the summer break... any suggestions would be welcome...

Steve

  • Re: Bribery & Desperation
    ... talk to the Leaders and at some point talk to the Troop ... Not much point having support from someone you never see. ... Most Troops hold there own camps, I would suggest that a District camp is either there to provide an opportunity for those who would not otherwise have had a camp or to provide a chance to do something different to what they would normally have done at camp. ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: Son sent home from camp
    ... his parents accompany him to camp. ... However, another scout leader ... the Troop leadership has a very low tolerance for any ...
    (rec.scouting.usa)
  • Re: Son sent home from camp
    ... My son has been under a psychiatrist for depression and obsessive ... his parents accompany him to camp. ... the Troop leadership has a very low tolerance for any ...
    (rec.scouting.usa)
  • Re: This rain
    ... This one's a summer camp session as opposed to a camp out and they pretty much never cancel or shorten these. ... Yeah, Scouts are used to camping in storms, but the one that washed out the Glenrock Camp was unusual. ... I don't generally mind DD being out in the storm *except* when it's severely electrical and/or to close to large amounts of water. ... We had our regional rally a few weeks ago and DD's troop did pretty well. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Re: Son sent home from camp
    ... his troop insisted that one of his ... parents accompany him to camp. ... Despite being unable to walk around the camp site, my wife drove my son ... had second thoughts and wanted out, and was using the Troop leadership ...
    (rec.scouting.usa)