Re: Bavarias - reply to all.

Duncan Heenan wrote:

> OK, so £75k pa may be an exaggeration for effect, but I think the point is
> valid that old, wooden boats cost a hell of a lot to keep in good order,
> both in time and money.
> Does that help?

Your figures are skewed because, as you say, you see it from a yard
point of view.

Wooden boat maintenance is labour intensive and that makes it
expensive *if you get a yard to do the work*. Many (most?) wooden
boat owners do it themselves and their time is basically free.

Looking after wood is therapeutic, you see, and often every bit as
enjoyable as actually sailing.

The materials needed don't cost very much.

.