Re: Running log week ending 09/04/06

Tim Downie wrote:
Welcome uk.rec.runners! Please tell us about your running week and
goals.

After a good (but probably excessive) week last week, it's been a week of
disasters.

Last Sunday 40 miles 7hr 10 min (half my weekly mileage)

Mon easy run 5.1miles. Rather tired legs and a wee bit stiff but no real
problems.

Tue - Usually my club 5K night but I thought I ought to give it a miss as
legs still feeling heavy

Wed Trail/road/XC run 8.6 miles. Tooki it very easy but struggled up minor
hills and stumbled a bit through a feild. May have been first real sign of
trouble.

Thu beach run 5. Very easy run. No problems.

Fri am: Sore foot when walking dogs.
pm: Tried to run but had to turn back after less than 1/2 a mile due to
increasing foot pain. Went for an 18 mile cycle instead. May not have been
a wise move.

Satuday. am: Foot a lot worse. Limping badly. Wasted 2hr in casualty
waiting to be seen before giving up.
pm: Drains overflowing! Spent 4hrs carrying buckets of poo & rodding
drains. Didn't hellp foot at all!

Sunday. am: Spent uncomfortable night & returned to casualty limping even
worse. X-ray showed nothing much (no real surprise) but came home with a
couple of crutches. Not sure whether it's easier to just go really slow
without crutches or very slightly faster with crutches.

pm: Now my L calf is aching & foot is less painful. Go figure?

All in all, I've had better weeks. I suspect a stress fracture but then I
always do when something goes wong so it might not be. I had hoped to wake
up this morning and find that the pain had gone but no such luck.

Got an appointment with my physio tomorrow and a return appointement for the
fracture clinic at casualty. Hopefully I have a better idea what's going on
my then.

Total 18.7 milews run, 18.8 miles cycle.

Tim

  • Re: Do I have diabetes?
    ... such an injury I'd use crutches to keep the foot off the ground, ... In addition, I have chronic Lyme disease, and the infection appears to be active in this foot again, since the marrow is also abnormal in the arthritic area. ... I see my foot doc and my inf. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Heal pain and heelseats
    ... you must rest your foot... ... by using the crutches more." ... is the goal to healthy feet. ... THEN take action to strengthen that area and barefoot is one but not the ...
    (rec.running)
  • Re: Sexual deviant: Elvis or Lennon?
    ... I never had anything on my foot, ... I would get on them..and somehow..the crutches would start swinging back ... I had to wear shoes at times to go somewhere ... can't get your foot out of whatever shoes you wear. ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: OT:Road Bike riding
    ... all around the house. ... the bottom of my foot. ... I am back on crutches all day and using an ice pack every night. ... Tiago Rocha wrote: ...
    (rec.motorcycles.dirt)