Sacral lumbarization - Lower back pain

On behalf of a friend:

Hi there,

I have been suffering with lower back pain for a few weeks now, having
had the same injury a couple of times before a year ago. My Osteopath
recommended an MRI scan. The results show two things - firstly that I have
what is called 'lumbarization of the spine', which is basically when the top
part of the sacrum is split from the bottom part and it therefore appears as
though I have 6 lumbar vertebra instead of 5. After researching this on the
internet it looks like 4-5% of the population have this condition, which you
are born with, and it normally does not cause any problems. My Osteopath
says it just makes my lower spine more mobile which makes me prone to injury
(I do a lot of Yoga - back bends are not good for it), and that I need to
strengthen my core to support the spine.
The other thing the MRI showed was a few dehydrated discs.
Anyone had any experience of either of these two things? Any advice?
Last year my back took 6 weeks to get better. It's been a month this time
and it is still very much bothering me. The pain seems to be generated from
the lumbar spine but also moves up stiffening my upper back. I'm extremely
frustrated with not doing any physical activity.
Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Janey

begin 666 t.gif
K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/_______R'Y! 44``$`+ `````!``$```("3 $`.P``
`
end

  • Re: Questions about doctors statement
    ... Lumbar is your lower spine, sacral is the very bottom of it, where it joins ... The pain that runs from ... far down as the ball of the foot (probably causing your foot drop. ... Spondylosis basically means your lumbar spine is a bit twisted or deformed. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: OT: Guitar Hero/Rock Band vs. real guitar.
    ... because of a defect in my spine. ... But if you have disabling pain or your ability ... Before considering surgery, your doctor is likely to recommend trying ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Fast Larry is the best teacher in the usa, hero to millions.
    ... it takes a real sick person to post false charges like this ... To prove this is a lie, ... guts out the pain which is getting worse as time goes on. ... The spine has gone into scoliosis and is now, ...
    (rec.sport.billiard)
  • Fast Larry is the best teacher in the usa, hero to millions.
    ... it takes a real sick person to post false charges like this ... To prove this is a lie, ... guts out the pain which is getting worse as time goes on. ... The spine has gone into scoliosis and is now, ...
    (rec.sport.billiard)
  • Re: medtronics pain pump
    ... I'm still with the same pain management Dr. and I still don't believe that I ... in our medication, I would wait, you can always have it put in later. ... I am going to start testing medtronics for a pain pump. ... They are talking, the one that puts pain med into your spine, ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)