Re: Any compact camera which can be USB-controlled for 1 pic per second?
- From: Dudley Simons <drs1005@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 16:39:28 +0100
I have an unusual requirement to take a still image, a few megapixels
or so, every second.
It should be saved over USB if possible but that may be a bit
difficult given typical USB speeds, so saving to an internal 8/16GB SD
would be fine.
Last time I looked into this, there were some old Canon cameras (not
very compact) for which one could buy a special controller card, etc.
I could do this with any webcam and some free software (ConquerCam
does it nicely, IIRC) but all webcams are crap quality for what I
IIRC you can do this with Canon Zoombrowser software and a something like a Canon A640 camera - I use a 640 lashjed up to a microscope and drive in entirely from the desktop. I am shooting full 10mb images down down a cable to a USB 2 port on a desktop pc. If you drop the image size right down it you might be able to run at 1 image every second. That said I can't for the life of me remember what the time lapse options are in Zoom browser and i am not in a position to be able to go and fire it up at the moment. However it is a free piece of software which you should be able to download and take a look at yourself - if its not free on the Canon UK site go to Canon in the US where stuff we pay for is often a free download
One problem you might have trying to write to an SD card is its size - you may not be able to write to the full 8 or 16 GB with some cameras. You will of course also need a mains adaptor for the camera - depending on how long you want to run the camera for continuously without having to change batteries.
Hope this helps
- Prev by Date: Re: Any compact camera which can be USB-controlled for 1 pic per second?
- Next by Date: Re: Any compact camera which can be USB-controlled for 1 pic per second?
- Previous by thread: Re: Any compact camera which can be USB-controlled for 1 pic per second?
- Next by thread: Re: Any compact camera which can be USB-controlled for 1 pic per second?