Re: lens/camera cleaning

"AnthonyL" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4988381e.7159250@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 22:34:42 -0000, "me" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"AnthonyL" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4986e78e.6920218@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 20:13:22 -0000, "me" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry, i should have posted make and model I guess

Canon EOS 450D, it does have the "sensor cleaning" function
automatically,
does that mean i dont have to worry about the guts of the camera.

Check the manual. The 450D has facilities to map any dust on the
sensor for subsequent cleaning in DPP.

--
AnthonyL

Sorry, you lost me on the DPP

The Digital Photo Professional software that came with your Canon.

Of course any big lumps of dust have to be removed manually and whilst
sensor cleaning works up to a point there may come a time when you need a
little air to clean the sensor. I did this for friend who also had 'sensor
cleaning' but you have to do it carefully. I have also cleaned my own
camera sensor this way but fortunately I've only had to do it once in 5
years.

Roger

Roger

--
AnthonyL

  • Re: dSLR and dust
    ... >> It is more than just a glass plate. ... > It is not, though, as fragile as the makers of sensor cleaning systems want ... I tried the make up brush. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: CCD cleaning?
    ... sensor cleaning brushes, it appears that the brushes need to undergo ... Are eye shadow brushes made without sizing? ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: dSLR and dust
    ... >> There is more sheer rubbish talked about sensor cleaning than just about ... >> sensor and the glass cover. ... >> using up half a dozen digipads I still had a couple of marks on the ... It is not, though, as fragile as the makers of sensor cleaning systems want ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: How long does it take you to clean your sensor?
    ... > getting experts to do the job, I took my Canon 20D to the local Canon ... It's not that sensor cleaning is not a profitable operation ... In highly technical terms you laymen probably will not understand... ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: How important is Olys dust reduction system?
    ... Dust only shows up against bright, ... will dust get on your sensor? ... Camera manufacturers have all kinds of "Do Not Try This at Home" ... their own branded sensor cleaning kits that are very similar to the ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)