Re: lens/camera cleaning

"AnthonyL" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4988381e.7159250@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 22:34:42 -0000, "me" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"AnthonyL" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4986e78e.6920218@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 20:13:22 -0000, "me" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry, i should have posted make and model I guess

Canon EOS 450D, it does have the "sensor cleaning" function
automatically,
does that mean i dont have to worry about the guts of the camera.

Check the manual. The 450D has facilities to map any dust on the
sensor for subsequent cleaning in DPP.

--
AnthonyL

Sorry, you lost me on the DPP

The Digital Photo Professional software that came with your Canon.

Of course any big lumps of dust have to be removed manually and whilst
sensor cleaning works up to a point there may come a time when you need a
little air to clean the sensor. I did this for friend who also had 'sensor
cleaning' but you have to do it carefully. I have also cleaned my own
camera sensor this way but fortunately I've only had to do it once in 5
years.

Roger

Roger

--