Gonna ache tomorrow

Took the KTM out today: first time this year. I was worried that the track
would be waterlogged after all the rain, but it was only damp first thing -
just about right - then surprisingly, dried out and got incredibly dusty in
places. In fact, on one occasion when I was folowing a couple of other bikes,
yje dus raised was so great that I could barely see where I was going, which
was a first.

I was wearing a new pair of knee braces for protection[1]: they need some
adjustment but were pretty comfortable riding the bike. Walking around in them
between sessions caused the straps to rub the backs of my knees, though,
despite the sleeves I was wearing under them.

[1] As I enjoy skiing and running from time to time, I've always worried that
I will bugger my knees, which is one reason I don't use the 'crosser as often
as I might. I don't know just how much protection the braces actually give,
but they do boost confidence, and confidence = rides = speed. I hope.
--

Pip

  • Re: Gonna ache tomorrow
    ... would be waterlogged after all the rain, but it was only damp first thing - ... I was wearing a new pair of knee braces for protection: ... I will bugger my knees, which is one reason I don't use the 'crosser as often ... but they do boost confidence, and confidence = rides = speed. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: (OT?) Ben Roethlisberger down
    ... hurt his knees. ... I didn't know that wearing a helmet would've saved ... I used to wear mine there back when Texas had a helmet law and it was ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)
  • Re: (OT?) Ben Roethlisberger down
    ... hurt his knees. ... I didn't know that wearing a helmet would've saved ... I used to wear mine there back when Texas had a helmet law and it was ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)
  • Re: hem lengths
    ... skirt to my knees i felt more attractive. ... i just wish the What Not To Wear Bunch had branches in Virginia and ... You're definitely right that it was what everybody was wearing. ... I have a few longer skirt, but I like the shorter ones much better. ...
    (alt.fashion)
  • Re: [OT] Mixed results on hip pain
    ... She injected both knees with Cortisone, gave me some printed instructions for exercises to alleviate the problem with my hip, suggested I start a regimen of water aerobics, and made a follow-up appointment in 5 weeks. ... Just as your doc went from your hip to your knees, I would suggest that you also look at your feet, especially the shoes you wear. ... He has gotten relief by taking glucosamine sulphate and by wearing New Balance running and walking shoes, which support his feet much better than what he was wearing. ...
    (alt.sewing)