Note to self

Having just fitted a shiny new 2:1 exhaust system to a Morini and raring to go and see how it works and in particular whether it stays in position, don't wear boots with big chunky plastic heels.

At least I know exactly where to place a heat shield on the rear header pipe now.

Just got to molish one from a length of larger bore stainless pipe with a suitable bend (approx 45 degrees-ish) cut in half down its length. Time to break out the angle grinder and cutting disc I think.

Haven't got gear to weld stainless, so a bodge with screws, spire clips and hose clips will have to do to hold it in place. As long as it keeps my boot away from the pipe that will do for now.

The system has larger bore pipes than the last one and whilst subtly mellow at low revs has a satisfying snarl when given the beans. Seems to be revving more freely apart from the usual flat spot mid range if whacked open too wide in to a high a gear. The downside being that 250 revs (still has a 250 redlined tacho) on a 375 get a bit vibey, so that's another new taillight bulb required.

Dijon here we come - hopefully.

| Pete Fisher at Home: Peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
| Aprilia Shiver Yamaha WR250Z/Supermoto "Old Gimmer's Hillclimber" |
| Gilera GFR * 2 Moto Morini 2C/375 YZ450F Supermoto "Evaluation for the lad"|

  • Re: CAT Back Exhaust?
    ... >> (rusty pipes, muffler can't do its job, etc). ... >> What should I look for if I want a replacement / OEM exhaust system? ... > Well, on a HONDA!!! ... Her exhaust system is in two parts - a pipe with resonator that runs from ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: Vance & Hines 2 into 1 for 2007 models
    ... Does anyone in here have any experience with the Vance & Hines 2 into 1 exhaust system for 2007 bagger frames? ... how loud are they and do you have to replace the passenger floor boards with the rear peg mounts. ... I've been running the V&H Pro Pipe on my 2007 Ultra Classic since May 2007, along with the V&H Fuel Pak. ... I had no problems installing it with the stock passenger footboards. ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)
  • Re: Scraping exhaust pipe
    ... I didnt opt for repairs and it's passed inspection twice and I've ... The exhaust seems to be functional, but the pipe is low. ... The exhaust system is not standard, ... "Broken" is when standard parts are not working right, "built wrong" is when the parts are working as designed but were designed poorly. ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Peugeot 206 HDI exhaust leak and rear brake laod sensing valve seized
    ... It appears that the exhaust system comes in two parts ... metres of pipe. ... The 2nd section is the rear silencer with two short lengths of pipe at both ... Now I do not have a problem with the cat so I am loathe ro replace the whole ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)