Re: OT FONT: Plasma / LED / LCD TV recommendations?

Thomas wrote:

On May 11, 5:17 am, "Donnie" <no...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now, I don't do any gaming, don't have a blu ray or PS3 and have no
intention of paying for HD channels etc.

Just out of curiosity, do you have to pay for all HD? I have cable TV,
and I get ~30 or 40 HD channels with a standard subscription. There
are a few "deluxe" HD channels, but I can't be bothered with them.

FWIW, I know you already bought your TV, but I've had a Samsung DLP
50" for ~5 years now, and it's still great. I guess DLP has gone out
of fashion, but I love mine.

dunno what dlp even is :-)

as for the hd stuff, i think if i want any sky hd stuff, yes its an
extra tenner a month! plus a new box and £60 for an "engineer" to come
and plug it in!

This telly has a freeview HD tuner built in and apparantly with freesat
HD, so ill get that sorted first and go from there I think.

--
Donnie
"Fuck the world, it's time to fight back"

Lambretta Series 2 186cc "The Shitter"
Lambretta LD 175cc "The Chopper" SOLD and all the cash went on a telly!
Honda CB500R "Look out, Donnie's about!"

  • Re: I get HD channels via analog cable
    ... >> Samsung 50" DLP with an ATSC tuner. ... Then i set it to autoprogramm the channels ... > If you have a very new HDTV with BOTH an ATSC and QAM digital Cable ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: I get HD channels via analog cable
    ... > 50" DLP with an ATSC tuner. ... Then i set it to autoprogramm the channels and found that I get ... What's the model number of the Samsung? ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Cable Television Bills Have Nearly Tripled In The Past 10 Years
    ... to talk about cable customers paying more for cable when most of that ... just for your cable TV with 60 or more channels. ... Warner by any means and do agree I'd like to see an a la carte pay method.. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: TV Stand is coming along
    ... just imagine the idiot who will put up with paying a TV ... cable company for a Prepackaged lineup of channels, ... cable cord, and my wife and I have been ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: TV Stand is coming along
    ... just imagine the idiot who will put up with paying a TV cable ... company for a Prepackaged lineup of channels, ... cable cord, and my wife and I have been happier ... but it's not an easy sell to females who want to watch things like Greys Anatomy on demand, especially when you succumbed, in a weak moment, to agreeing to let the lead TV sled dog buy a 60" HDTV in exchange for giving up her recliner ... ...
    (rec.woodworking)