Re: OT FONT: Plasma / LED / LCD TV recommendations?

Thomas wrote:

On May 11, 5:17 am, "Donnie" <no...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now, I don't do any gaming, don't have a blu ray or PS3 and have no
intention of paying for HD channels etc.

Just out of curiosity, do you have to pay for all HD? I have cable TV,
and I get ~30 or 40 HD channels with a standard subscription. There
are a few "deluxe" HD channels, but I can't be bothered with them.

FWIW, I know you already bought your TV, but I've had a Samsung DLP
50" for ~5 years now, and it's still great. I guess DLP has gone out
of fashion, but I love mine.

dunno what dlp even is :-)

as for the hd stuff, i think if i want any sky hd stuff, yes its an
extra tenner a month! plus a new box and £60 for an "engineer" to come
and plug it in!

This telly has a freeview HD tuner built in and apparantly with freesat
HD, so ill get that sorted first and go from there I think.

--
Donnie
"Fuck the world, it's time to fight back"

Lambretta Series 2 186cc "The Shitter"
Lambretta LD 175cc "The Chopper" SOLD and all the cash went on a telly!
Honda CB500R "Look out, Donnie's about!"
.