Re: OT Windows Admin rights

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 12:42:32 -0000, "Alan"
<Alan.Crowder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Eddie" <eddie@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Alan wrote:

"Jim" <blueflies@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
In article <gh38mr$8vj$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Alan <Alan.Crowder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Jim" <blueflies@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

Using the folder encryption should work.

Go on.......

In what way?

Like how does one make it work?

Sheesh.

Right-click the folder in question, choose Properties;
Click Advanced...;
Tick the "Encrypt contents to secure data" checkbox.

I'm sure you can work it out from there...

I can, but as Jim indicates, other Admins can easily get into the
folder and have a butchers.

Not without leaving a trail they;ve done so, if you allocate it by
unique username and set the security policy so it leaves an audit
trail.

  • RE: Folder Encryption
    ... Subject: Folder Encryption ... could write a script which is a machine startup script and enforces the ... But if your users are local admins then i think they can un-encrypt. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Cannot mark some folders (e.g. My Pictures) as Private
    ... "Folder Encryption " is not supported. ... Private folders can only be used with some directories. ... If you wish "My Pictures Folder" to be private, ...
  • RE: Folder Encryption
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: OT Windows Admin rights
    ... Alan wrote: ... Using the folder encryption should work. ... Right-click the folder in question, ... I can, but as Jim indicates, other Admins can easily get into the ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Security Exception when deploying a VB.NET 2003 solution.
    ... Bin folder to the same location ... The Config folder contains the files Local.Config and Context.Config, ... is indeed resolved by configuring the .NET security policy on the local ... solution to a testing server I simply copied the contents of the Bin ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)