K-series SOBeemer question

Sorry this is very dumb, but anyway:

I've got some switches from a K-series crash pad I want to re-use on my R80. They were old and cruddy, but strip down easily and have cleaned up nicely.

Thing is, I can't work out what the one labelled "ABS" is for. Now I've cleaned it up (not yet reassembled it), it looks like it's more like a button (momentary) than a switch. There's no bulb fitted to it (although there's a red lens), and just two contacts.

I've never owned anything with ABS, so please can someone tell me what that switch should do on a K-series bike?

Many thanks,

S.

PS: I've got manuals for R-series airheads (Clymer and HBoL), but neither cover ABS systems, as I don't think the airheads ever had them.

--
SimonM

  • Re: K-series SOBeemer question
    ... I've got some switches from a K-series crash pad I want to re-use on ... I can't work out what the one labelled "ABS" is for. ... like a button than a switch. ... chateau dot murray at idnet dot com ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles.classic)
  • Re: K-series SOBeemer question
    ... I've got some switches from a K-series crash pad I want to re-use on ... They were old and cruddy, but strip down easily and have ... I can't work out what the one labelled "ABS" is for. ... like a button than a switch. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles.classic)
  • Re: K-series SOBeemer question
    ... > I've got some switches from a K-series crash pad I want to re-use on ... I can't work out what the one labelled "ABS" is for. ... > like a button than a switch. ... Assuming there's some logic in the box-o-tricks I guess one button could be an on-off toggle, and a fault light reset at the same time. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles.classic)
  • Re: ABS or Not ABS ...
    ... ABS system that can be turned off. ... There's been lots of speculation on various ways to build a bypass switch for the Suzuki, but I'm not aware of anyone who's successfully done so. ... I never had any interest in doing so since I don't tend to ride that bike in situations where I'd disable the ABS. ... The BMW doesn't have fuses. ...
    (rec.motorcycles)
  • General question about ABS operation and the pump (89 300SE)
    ... Can someone explain what happens/goes on with the ABS. ... When I switch on the ignition, I hear the sound of a pump start up ... to keep charging this pressure. ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)