Re: Very sorry to hear it

> Why would you think you can illegally invade a sovereign nation, occupy
> and
> repress it's population, steal their oil and _not_ upset it's population?

It would now appear that those responsible were not brought up on the mean
streets of Basra but rather the mean streets of Bradford / Leeds / Aylesbury
and Jamaica and none of the bombers would appear to have any connection to
Iraq other than sharing a religion with many in the Middle East. It would
appear they were angry young men manipulated by elders, hmm typed that
somewhere before... Some Muslims blame the West's politics in Muslim
countries but in carrying out an attack on the West they killed their own
people, other devout Muslims. As Charles Clark said on Channel4 news last
night, these attacks have been going on throughout Europe and the World for
decades, long before Iraq and Afganistan.

Yes Britain's involvement in Iraq and Afganistan could have provoked these
attacks, would these attacks not have happened if Britain hadn't been
involved in the US alliance? Probably not.

  • Re: No support for "our troops"
    ... So, as per Iraq, what freedoms are we fighting for there, ... > radicalism and terrorism. ... > violence directed at Muslims of all kinds, ... > Islamist terrorist attacks until after the invasion of Iraq in March ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: What Liberal Bias?
    ... Qaeda has only brought bad things on their fellow Muslims and has ... and Iran say they that such attacks can never be justified. ... The Sunnis in Iraq ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: Very sorry to hear it
    ... considerable time before Iraq and it is also worth remembering that Saddam ... The only reason that the UK has so far avoided 911/Bali/Somali style attacks ... another law has only just been passed making muslims a protected group. ... That's cwilson at britwar with a dot uk and dot co on the end. ...
    (uk.rec.models.rail)
  • Re: Very sorry to hear it
    ... >> Yes Britain's involvement in Iraq and Afganistan could have provoked ... >> these attacks, would these attacks not have happened if Britain hadn't ... > Have you forgotten that 9/11 happened BEFORE the war in Iraq? ... Iraq or Afganistan as the reasons for the attack, ...
    (uk.rec.models.rail)
  • Re: Very sorry to hear it
    ... > Yes Britain's involvement in Iraq and Afganistan could have provoked these ... > attacks, would these attacks not have happened if Britain hadn't been ... Have you forgotten that 9/11 happened BEFORE the war in Iraq? ...
    (uk.rec.models.rail)