Duplex Tool Post Grinder

I've got a Duplex D27 toolpost grinder. The surface finish from it is far from perfect - I suspect that the bearings need replacement.
The manufacturers, as is their habit, suggest sending the spindle back for rebuild/exchange. I'm naturally sceptical of this practice being a tight git at heart. Has anyone replaced the bearings on one of these? Should be quite simple in my book or am I going to struggle with balance problems for ever more?

Thanks

Charles

  • Re: Duplex Tool Post Grinder
    ... I've got a Duplex D27 toolpost grinder. ... from perfect - I suspect that the bearings need replacement. ...
    (uk.rec.models.engineering)
  • Re: noisy power supply fan on sun blade 100
    ... the fan in the power supply is getting noisier and noiser. ... Dying bearings. ... Have you tried going to eBay and looking for a replacement from ... Or -- you could find a Blade 100 on eBay for a low price, ...
    (comp.sys.sun.hardware)
  • Re: Idea for future of electronic gear shift. Beware, contains actual "tech" content.
    ... On 06/07/12 14:48, Frank Krygowski wrote: ... cassettes and outboard BB bearings. ... Electronic part failures generally mean buying a replacement, ... got spare electrical parts for a Mavic Zap? ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: Wood Router as Spindle
    ... I'm looking for an affordable replacement. ... Another similar, but better router. ... Just wearing out the bearings. ... The VFD controlled spindles will have less down time, ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: AFM Strobe Tech... Help, and parts needed
    ... none that just complete the total suspect parts replacement list. ... I know the old strobe bulb, and the replacement from Pinbits both ... and the trigger is a bad egg according to every post ...
    (rec.games.pinball)