Re: Harrison M300 Lathe ....

"BobTheBowler" <bobsharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

While trying to see if I could do anything, I took off the "WXY" knob
intending to try and loosen the spindle.
The ball end of my alen key snapped off in the head of one of the
bolts. I do not want to drill it out, but all my efforts to get the
broken piece out have failed.

I have done the same.... I have now ground the balls of my smaller allen
keys.

You can't even drill the.... the last one I dealt with by grinding off the
head until the ball came out, then drilled the remaining bit far enough to
use an eze out stud extractor...

I wish you luck, I don't know an easy way round this.

--
Regards Jonathan

remove AT to reply

.