Not my most diplomatic moment

My neighbour (who we constantly have bickering disputes with) has just
knocked on my door and asked when I'm going to do something with the
'eyesore' of a climbing rose on the wall next to her house (on our land,
up our wall, but potentially flopping towards her house, and dropping
petals onto our land which may blow onto her path)

Given I'd just been deadheading it yesterday, this didn't really please
me too much. I'm normally more placating, but this time I just told
her I like it and to piss off. I've pinned it up so it's not flopping
near her window any more, and you can walk under it without it bopping
on the head (over /our/ bit of path, which runs down the front of all
the houses).

Since when has a rose full of flowers ever been "an eyesore"?!
:-(

  • Re: neighbours yet again (OT)
    ... The neighbour who sold them the plot is now looking into whether they have ... It would be brilliant if the wall is too far on to his land and they have to ... They want to build a 6 ft 6 wall all round their house. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • neighbours yet again (OT)
    ... I asked him if he realised that the people he sold the house to were dumping ... rubbish over their back wall on to his land and he said yes and when he felt ... He also noticed their wall, ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Not my most diplomatic moment
    ... 'eyesore' of a climbing rose on the wall next to her house (on our land, ... up our wall, but potentially flopping towards her house, and dropping ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Not my most diplomatic moment
    ... 'eyesore' of a climbing rose on the wall next to her house (on our land, ... up our wall, but potentially flopping towards her house, and dropping ... Since when has a rose full of flowers ever been "an eyesore"?! ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)