weed killing in rain

Is there ANY weed killer that would work on say, cracks in paving or along paths in all this wet weather? I mean how often can you spray if you have to have 4 hours of dry weather afterwards!!

Have tried boiling water and boiling salted water and so on which is fine but if I don't kill some of the larger stuff soon they'll push my paving up!

I also have now got Ground elder, which i manage to keep on top of in the dryer weather most years, coming across the flower beds and marching off into the grass and beyond!

Which means I can't put my grass cuttings in the compost. :(
--
Janet Tweedy

  • Re: Cormaics report on Chelsea
    ... It's from his paving expert.com web site. ... (new website online but not completed - shop to come and some mild tweaking ... The weather was good enough for me - who should know a LOT better - to get ... our very busiest time is over but it still goes on quite briskly and ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: weed killing in rain
    ... you have to have 4 hours of dry weather afterwards!! ... Have tried boiling water and boiling salted water and so on which is ... Which means I can't put my grass cuttings in the compost. ... weight it down with some bricks or stones until the spray has ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: weed killing in rain
    ... you have to have 4 hours of dry weather afterwards!! ... paving up! ... Which means I can't put my grass cuttings in the compost. ... I wouldn't compost its roots or seedheads, but if your lawn mowings ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: weed killing in rain
    ... you have to have 4 hours of dry weather afterwards!! ... Have tried boiling water and boiling salted water and so on which is ... paving up! ... Which means I can't put my grass cuttings in the compost. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: My Great Project Has Finally Begun...
    ... Yesterday I begun digging up the lawn near the gate to our house in ... order to lay bricks for paving the space where we have our recycling ... Today tho the weather isn't half as good as it was yesterday. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)