Query about chilli plant growing in a tub

I have a chilli plant growing in a tub in one of those pvc greenhouses.

What is the most likely reason for the flowers & stalks falling off where
they join the main stem when the peppers are beginning to form (Maybe about
8mm in size) ?.

TIA

Colin...

  • Re: Plant ID
    ... amount of it grow because of the butterflies its flowers bring in. ... For some reason they grow easily for me but not for my neighbours. ... envy envy :-) It's not just me.. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Flowers
    ... }The color, aroma and shape of flowers evolved to attract pollinators, ... }thereby facilitating the reproduction of the respective plant species. ... }Is this merely a coincidence or is there a biological reason humans like ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Everlasting Perrenial Everlasting Sweet Peas Seeds in the UKbest in UK?
    ... Thompson & Morgan the Seedsmen do not sell them for some strange ... reason. ... flowers in the hedgerows, ... You're allowed to collect 'the four F's' - flowers, fruit, fungi, and foliage, provided they are for personal use and not for sale, and provided you have permission to be there ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Runner Bean Flowers "Nipped" Off
    ... "Bobbie" wrote in message ... Some of the flowers appear to have been neatly nipped off, ... dropped off for some reason, and I remember having this frustrating ... Bertie ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)