Planting at last

Managed to make a start on planting out the main batch of dahlias today.
Got almost a bed planted, had the last 30 laid out ready for planting when the rain hammered down yet again.
The species and tree dahlias I got planted before the rains began are thriving,Can it be that it's like High altitude Mexico?
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

  • Re: Will it never end?
    ... Are these dahlias you've brought on under glass? ... I am planting out the stock plants which I divide when I plant. ... I now have to prepare beds covered with a ground cover fabric and then ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Dahlia Beds
    ... All I have planted so far are my "Tree dahlias" 78 of them. ... The main batch of dahlias will be planted through the mulch which will ... doing a 1000 or so pot tubers and another 800 seedling ... which should lift leaving the sheet in place for next year. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)