Rare Fuchsia

Hello Everyone,

I've been asked to look after and take cuttings of Fuchsia 'Violet Szabo', which is apparently unavailable in this country and seems to be generally rare. Does anyone know this plant or, better still, grow it? I can't even find pics of it, let alone any cultural advice. It would particularly help if I knew how hardy it was, so that I may treat it accordingly.

The fuchsia belongs to a London school where Violet Szabo attended. The school has a garden dedicated to her. The fuchsia has to be protected during building works, and I have been asked. It is almost irreplaceable, so I don't want to lose it, but at the same time must build of fresh stock of it. No pressure then! :~[

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London

  • Re: Rare Fuchsia
    ... Does anyone know this plant or, better still, grow it? ... The fuchsia belongs to a London school where Violet Szabo attended. ... David @ the wet and misty end of Swansea Bay ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Rare Fuchsia
    ... The fuchsia belongs to a London school where Violet Szabo attended. ... "dah dah dah dah dah dah dee" theme tune but we're working on it. ... Thanks ever so, Jake! ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Rare Fuchsia
    ... I've been asked to look after and take cuttings of Fuchsia 'Violet Szabo', which is apparently unavailable in this country and seems to be generally rare. ... Whilst it does seem to be available to ensure it's survival might I suggest cuttings need to be taken and spread around more than one gardener just in case you have a disaster. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Rare Fuchsia
    ... I've been asked to look after and take cuttings of Fuchsia 'Violet ... Does anyone know this plant or, better still, grow it? ... The fuchsia belongs to a London school where Violet Szabo attended. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)