dartmouth castle

Dartmouth Castle, Dartmouth UK - England

Built as an English coastal fortress with the sea lapping its edges and maintaining good defences for more than 400 years.

Castle Architectural Features
Construction began in late medieval times; believed to be the first castle built in England with a priority of using artillery.

  • Re: Egypt enters her 4th intermediate period!
    ... intimidate and dominate a neighborhood. ... equipped largish force to dig them out of the castle. ... Castles abound in central and eastern Europe, England and Italy. ... They were not built as ostentatious displays of wealth. ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • dartmouth castle
    ... Dartmouth Castle, Dartmouth UK - England ... Construction began in late medieval times; believed to be the first castle built in England with a priority of using artillery. ...
    (uk.transport.london)
  • Re: More Medieval News
    ... palace built by Carlos I. ... walls connecting it to the Moorish structure) ... ... There is a steep and rather high hill close to ... Uphill from this castle there is another Moorish ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • Re: More Medieval News
    ... palace built by Carlos I. ... walls connecting it to the Moorish structure) ... ... There is a steep and rather high hill close to ... Uphill from this castle there is another Moorish ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • Re: More Medieval News
    ... palace built by Carlos I. ... walls connecting it to the Moorish structure) ... ... At the bottom of the hill there is ... Uphill from this castle there is another Moorish ...
    (soc.history.medieval)