The game may be up

We received a letter today from the estate agents who administer our
allotment site on behalf of the owners, that the site is to be sold, by
private treaty and informal tender. So after nearly 100 years of gardening,
it looks like our plot will soon be housing. I can't see anyone wanting to
buy it and keep it as allotments.

www.savills.co.uk/canfordportfolio refers. Lot 1g is the allotment site,
just in case you want to save us.

The new owners will apparently have to give us 12 months notice, but the
sale is expected to be completed in autumn of this year. So we're on
borrowed time.

Steve

  • Re: The game may be up
    ... allotment site on behalf of the owners, that the site is to be sold, by ... The new owners will apparently have to give us 12 months notice, ... buy the parcel and another one as well to provide for the new residents in ... That guide price is very much less than the value of building land, ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: The game may be up
    ... allotment site on behalf of the owners, that the site is to be sold, by ... The new owners will apparently have to give us 12 months notice, ... buy the parcel and another one as well to provide for the new residents in ... what is sure to be high density/maximum profit housing built on other ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: The game may be up
    ... allotment site on behalf of the owners, that the site is to be sold, by ... The new owners will apparently have to give us 12 months notice, ... buy the parcel and another one as well to provide for the new residents in ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: The game may be up
    ... allotment site on behalf of the owners, that the site is to be sold, by ... private treaty and informal tender. ... The new owners will apparently have to give us 12 months notice, ... But is there planning permission for housing? ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)