Poor fruit year?

Last year was an excellent year for fruit, in particular damsons and pears. This year there are no signs of damsons and the pears are very sparse, in fat it looks like a Norway year, null ponce. Is it general or just here? I suspect the frosts during blossom time was the main culprit.

  • Re: Poor fruit year?
    ... This year there are no signs of damsons and the pears are very ... Seem to have a reasonable crop of damsons coming, ... anything that came up in the orchard. ... I really miss having geese. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Poor fruit year?
    ... This year there are no signs of damsons and the pears are very ... sparse, in fat it looks like a Norway year, null ponce. ... I suspect the frosts during blossom time was the main culprit. ... It's the same here - though I am going to get a few damsons. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Plumbs
    ... My pal Sue's Roger brung us some damsons, pears, and little green ... plumbs. ... If they've got pears, buy them one of these as a thank you present - ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Kitchens (WAS: Re: New thread)
    ... couldn't have lots of raw veggies and fruit every day. ... I eat more vegetables than a lot of my ... Pith on citrus fruit makes me cringe but I cook with the ... they tried to give me pears in any form ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: 1 MESSAGE IN 1 YEAR ABOUT MY SUGAR, AND THEY ALL ATTACKED ME VICIOUSLY!
    ... more fruit is because it's nearly impossible to get a decent pear, plum, orange, or my favorite, a peach, at the supermarket or the produce markets. ... I put of applesauce and canned pears. ... eating. ... eat bananas as a child, but only if they were green to the point of being ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)