Yet more Wisteria

In <http://www.ehow.co.uk/facts_7809091_time-plant-wisteria.html> I read

"Warning

Do not grow wisteria near gutters, where the runners can climb them and clog them. Do not plant Chinese wisteria or Japanese wisteria, as these plants are invasive and can choke out the local plants. Instead, choose wisterias that are native to the United States.
"

I think all the Wisteria I have seen online are Chinese/Japanese - haven't noticed any US natives.

Presumably even though this is a '.co.uk' site it is relaying US-centric advice?

I was looking for when to plant out Wisteria as I noted the supplier in the previous thread only supplied plants for the first six months of the year.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder