81.171.92.236:

Martin <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:nph7q75v2dtos67qj86ub8r5o6uvir0aqj@xxxxxxx:

On Fri, 04 May 2012 12:05:20 GMT, Baz <any@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Martin <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:0uf7q7l3cg2lptsjp323rtvgoj82qv2it6@xxxxxxx:

On Fri, 04 May 2012 11:36:32 GMT, Baz <any@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Fuschia <Fuschia@.summerborders.invalid> wrote in
news:7706q79cfgbbqfojrghbditorp0bo2ismt@xxxxxxx:

On Thu, 03 May 2012 14:41:15 GMT, Baz <any@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Baz <any@xxxxxxx> wrote in
news:XnsA0469E5E12A4Fmyloelysister@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Thanks to everyone who has shown concern.

Today we have a firm from the insurance to dry out the ground
floor.
Lots of dehumidifiers humming and buzzing with generators, almost
silent compared with the pumping noise nearby.

Insurer is glad to pay any expenses occurring including hotel. We
do
not need that because we are staying at sons house, but even so
they
propose to pay our upkeep and a bit extra. Goes on about
inconvenience. Another matter. I have got to say that our insurers
have been very good, so far. Even advising us to claim for carpet
renewal.

Well they are admitting liability by drying the ground floor?
What a mess. All we want is to move back in.
Baz

It's very good to hear that they have treated you well Baz.
Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Thankyou, Fuschia.
Just one bit of sh*t after another here. It will get better, sure of
it! We perhaps should have stayed put in the old house we lived in,
instead of this older and sh**tier one. Very much bigger garden here
and more rooms but we never even thought about floods, never been
floods here.

What does the Environment Agency flood map show for where your house
is located?
http://www.environment-
agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/default.aspx

Post code?

or town

Not being funny or smartass. could work?

Put the nearest place and drag the map to where you live.

Did do that and not recognised. even postcode. Joke?

The page even when I put in Scunthorpe gave me

Did you mean: xanthippe

http://tinyurl.com/adrevd

Baz

  • Re: Back home to survey damage.
    ... Insurer is glad to pay any expenses occurring including hotel. ... and more rooms but we never even thought about floods, ... What does the Environment Agency flood map show for where your house ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Chief Rent Charges & Covenants
    ... > transfer buildings insurance to their "approved" insurer, ... current owner sells you must be given first refusal and that ... a leasehold house they offed to sell at 40 times. ...
    (uk.finance)
  • Floods and drought: Lloyds assesses climate change
    ... droughts and disastrous storms over the next 50 ... Floods, which now account for about half of all deaths from natural ... Group, the world's biggest insurer, Harvard University's Center for Health ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • Re: Back home to survey damage.
    ... Today we have a firm from the insurance to dry out the ground ... silent compared with the pumping noise nearby. ... Insurer is glad to pay any expenses occurring including hotel. ... and more rooms but we never even thought about floods, ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Re-Build Insurance Guesstimate
    ... A house insurer that doesn't want a rebuilding cost specified would be ... the value of the house using the insurers online calculator. ...
    (uk.finance)