- From: "Christina Websell" <spamfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:55:22 -0000
<vicky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Christina Websell <spamfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
First big frost here, my hens water was quarter inch if not not more
Oh dear, I hadn't even thought to chcek the chickens water wasn't frozen!
knew they had enough, so I didn't check it. Oops.
Was in neighbours garden, and her bird bath was frozen solid, I should
thought! Poor chooks. (Although they seemed happy enough - if they'd not
had water they would normally be flapping at me more)
It's important that poultry have clean and fresh water all the time,
otherwise they will go off lay.
If your chickens flap at you they are desperate for food, or water and you
need to examine how you care for them.
No chickens should need to flap, ever.
- Prev by Date: Re: Metal theft. The biters bit
- Next by Date: Re: Metal theft. The biters bit
- Previous by thread: Re: Frost!
- Next by thread: Re: Frost!