Re: My daughter's melon has wilted

Jo <Jo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Being new to melon-growing, have we done something seriously wrong? Maybe
it's too cold for it outside at the moment, although the plant in on a
south-facing wall which currently is getting a small amount of sun.

It's been close to frosty the last few nights, I think you've probably
caught it a bit of a chill.

I managed 6 melon plants from seed last year, with a total production of 2
melons. I think I needed to hand pollinate them a bit more than I did.
That was my first year of melon growing. But they lived permanently int he
greenhouse, I would never have considered growing them outside.

  • Re: My daughters melon has wilted
    ... it's too cold for it outside at the moment, although the plant in on a ... That was my first year of melon growing. ... I tried growing some outside here in Normandy a couple of years ago and it was too cold for them. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: My daughters melon has wilted
    ... it's too cold for it outside at the moment, although the plant in on a ... That was my first year of melon growing. ... it was too cold for them. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Not a Melon?
    ... there are definite similarities with the melon. ... I've just done a bit of searching, and it isn't a million miles away from ... That claims to be a cantaloupe melon plant? ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
    ... Sugarbaby, but only one melon from one plant grown as a straggly mess in a ... I'll do a glass box (or cold frame but with light all around) on the ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)