Re: Suitable plants for covering a new fence

"Sacha" <sacha@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:7lojshF3eg5vnU4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2009-11-08 18:09:33 +0000, "Spider" <Spider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

"mollie38" <mollie38.564f918@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:mollie38.564f918@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

We have just taken down 7 conifers which was a nightmare trying to get
the stumps out, and had a new fence erected the fence is 21 feet long I
want something that will grow about 8 feet in height but nothing that
comes out to bushy . With the ground being so dry I have treated the
soil first with a bonemeal from the garden centre and then put down
several bags of multi purpose compost it is not too bad now as we have
had quite a bit of rain so the soil is quite soft I was worried with
the conifers taking all the goodness out of the soil that nothing that
I planted on the patio seemed to grow so would be grateful of some
ideas.

Many thanks
Mollie

Hi Mollie,

Your picture urls have turned up in the 'Snake's Head Fritillary' post!
We
may never know why. Anyway, I have posted a reply there ....

Spider

mollie38

How innovative. Haven't seen that yet!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

It wasn't on RG's computer either. Fortunately, I showed him this
'innovation' on my computer, otherwise I'd think I was seeing things! I
imagine everyone else has these urls in their proper place? Typical! Why
me? :~)

Spider

  • Re: SFG
    ... Not much else grows in a pine forest, there is a lot of pine straw that lingers until it burns. ... I think the overall environment shapes the soil and it's pH, what little soil there is has poor construction. ... From what I can tell deciduous leaves are more acidic than coniferous, it's as if pine straw in the garden is completely different than pinestraw in the forest. ... of forest floor litter under conifers. ...
    (rec.gardens.edible)
  • Re: Suitable plants for covering a new fence
    ... We have just taken down 7 conifers which was a nightmare trying to ... and had a new fence erected the fence is 21 feet long ... soil first with a bonemeal from the garden centre and then put down ... Will it cling to treated wood? ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Suitable plants for covering a new fence
    ... We have just taken down 7 conifers which was a nightmare trying to get ... the stumps out, and had a new fence erected the fence is 21 feet long I ... soil first with a bonemeal from the garden centre and then put down ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)