- From: vulch@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 20:33:03 +0000
Harry Patch <allancosgrove2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I grew them in a sand/compost mix this year.
Eureka. Parsnips the length of my arm!
You've pulled one (or more) already?
I thought you had to wait till after a frost so the starch started
to turn to sugar.
Sticking them in the freezer for a couple of hours apparently works
just as well, though why anyone would want to do anything other than
chuck the vile disgusting things straight on the bonfire escapes me,
it's the only way to improve the flavour that works...
- Prev by Date: Re: Ping Sheila - Agapanthus seedlings
- Next by Date: Re: Titchmarsh comeback?
- Previous by thread: Re: Parsnips
- Next by thread: Re: Parsnips