Re: weather

Beatrice wrote:
There's a new free website showing real time rainfall across the UK -
www.raintoday.co.uk You can search by postcode or location, and zoom in
to street level.

I use Google earth with an overlay from
http://meteox.com/gmap.aspx
Updates about every 15 mins. so I can see how long to spend outside
before I get drenched.

--
Corporal Jones
"I don't like it up me"

  • Impact Crater Overlay for Google Earth
    ... a meteor crater enthusiast in England named Michael Gill ... created an overlay of impact sites for Google Earth. ... After you start up Google Earth, ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: Impact Crater Overlay for Google Earth
    ... created an overlay of impact sites for Google Earth. ... After you start up Google Earth, ... obvious one in Arizona) are real whoppers, like Wolf Creek Crater in ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: Anyone Using KML Files For Family History?
    ... Another neat trick is if you happen to have an old map of an area. ... you can use it as an overlay in Google Earth (you have to fiddle ... When you are displaying an overlay, then a slider bar appears at ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)
  • Re: Anyone Using KML Files For Family History?
    ... you can use it as an overlay in Google Earth (you have to ... fiddle about a bit in Google Earth to locate, rotate and stretch the ... When you are displaying an overlay, ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)
  • updating live CD: does it result in more up-to-date installations?
    ... I have built a USB stick with a Live Fedora 19 on it. ... I gave it a large overlay to make room for updates. ... If I install from this stick, will the installed system be already ...
    (Fedora)