Re: Well...........!

On 27 Mar, 22:39, "shazzbat" <shazz...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Sadly the melons on the site never fully ripened. I can't remember now what
type they were. We have had some success in the last couple of years with
Sugarbaby, but only one melon from one plant grown as a straggly mess in a
cold frame. I'm also going to try Charentais this year, watch this space.

Really?! Brilliant. I've concluded that without a greenhouse or tunnel
there's little chance for the melons to reach maturity. So I thought
I'll do a glass box (or cold frame but with light all around) on the
lotty, perhaps 4 or 5ft long, and keep them in there. Good luck Steve!

  • Re: My daughters melon has wilted
    ... it's too cold for it outside at the moment, although the plant in on a ... That was my first year of melon growing. ... I tried growing some outside here in Normandy a couple of years ago and it was too cold for them. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: My daughters melon has wilted
    ... it's too cold for it outside at the moment, although the plant in on a ... That was my first year of melon growing. ... it was too cold for them. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: My daughters melon has wilted
    ... it's too cold for it outside at the moment, although the plant in on a ... south-facing wall which currently is getting a small amount of sun. ... That was my first year of melon growing. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Not a Melon?
    ... there are definite similarities with the melon. ... I've just done a bit of searching, and it isn't a million miles away from ... That claims to be a cantaloupe melon plant? ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)