news:4d6252c8$0$16035$c3e8da3$fe04f72@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<boltar2003@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ijtjgv$ufs$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:43:19 -0000
"GT" <a@xxx> wrote:
There is sensible, then there is the frantic school run!

I agree with you - the only time I drive nose first into a space is asda,
when I know I'm coming out with a trolley load! On the other hand - there
is
a timing issue with the school run - when the mums arrive and park
nose-first, there are plenty of kids walking about, so a reverse-park
would
still endanger the kiddies - for the reasons you quoted about reversing
out
of the space, but after the drop-off, there will be less kids around as
they
will have gone in to school when she reverses out of the space, so
perhaps
its better nose first at school run time and reverse out after the kids
are
in school.

Most women can't reverse park for shit anyway. If they all had to do it
the road would be jammed for hours.

A slight aside - they teach kids what reversing lights on cars mean now -
from about 3-years old in the nurseries!

TBH if a kid old enough to walk on its own doesn't have the smarts to get
out
of the way of a large , slow moving vehicle that is moving towards it and
gets squashed then its just natural selection in action.

B2003

Devoid of emotion, but darwinically accurate!

'darwinically' should be word of the day!

  • Re: Park forwards or backwards?
    ... I agree with you - the only time I drive nose first into a space is asda, ... of the space, but after the drop-off, there will be less kids around as ... will have gone in to school when she reverses out of the space, ... Most women can't reverse park for shit anyway. ...
    (uk.rec.driving)
  • Re: Park forwards or backwards?
    ... I agree with you - the only time I drive nose first into a space is asda, ... of the space, but after the drop-off, there will be less kids around as ... will have gone in to school when she reverses out of the space, ... Most women can't reverse park for shit anyway. ...
    (uk.rec.driving)
  • Re: Park forwards or backwards?
    ... I agree with you - the only time I drive nose first into a space is asda, ... of the space, but after the drop-off, there will be less kids around as they ... will have gone in to school when she reverses out of the space, ... Most women can't reverse park for shit anyway. ...
    (uk.rec.driving)
  • Re: Would you own one of these?
    ... 'reverse trike') the vehicle is far more stable [than ... compared to an equivalent four?wheeled vehicle, ... kids are grown. ... to be sure to remember who else is at risk when you ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Park forwards or backwards?
    ... who park there drive forwards into a parking space, ... have to reverse back out into the driveway where young children are ... then there is the frantic school run! ... of the space, but after the drop-off, there will be less kids around as they ...
    (uk.rec.driving)