Re: Psycholists don't need helmets

On 24/10/2010 10:52, Derek C wrote:
On Oct 20, 2:31 pm, Tony Raven<tra...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Derek C wrote:
On Oct 20, 12:05 pm, Tony Raven<tra...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Derek C<del.copel...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How can you totally avoid potential head injury accidents on a push
bike, with all those 'killer' drivers around (according to Doug)?
Derek C
Perhaps we could all cycle on those non-existent cycle paths you were
recommending.

But if you want to "totally avoid potential head injury accidents" why
are you restricting it to only cyclists. They represent a tiny
proportion of head injury accidents.

--
Tony

There are plenty of cyclepaths that cyclists choose not to ride on, so
that they can deliberately get in the way of motorists!

Derek

Yes but you have been saying they should be riding on cycle paths that
don't even exist. You still haven't clarified whether you were wrong or
were actually finally agreeing with the suggestion* you have previously
opposed that cyclist cycle on the pavement to avoid dangerous traffic.

Any your response to my question about helmets is?

Tony

* not a suggestion I agree with though.- Hide quoted text -

If there is a decent, clearly marked cycle path cyclists should use
it.

Would "decent" mean safe?

  • Re: Psycholists dont need helmets
    ... On 24/10/2010 11:12, Derek C wrote: ... bike, with all those 'killer' drivers around? ... are you restricting it to only cyclists. ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: George Galloway banned from Canada
    ... I was invited to a meeting at City Hall and suggested that the council ... motorists that cyclists also have rights on the highway and unlike ... There was discussion of creating more bike lanes and in fact work has ... suggestion that rush hour police cars cruising the road would reduce ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)
  • Re: Psycholists dont need helmets
    ... bike, with all those 'killer' drivers around? ... Derek C ... are you restricting it to only cyclists. ... add a bit of coloured paint (apparently at vast cost ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: Psycholists dont need helmets
    ... bike, with all those 'killer' drivers around? ... Derek C ... are you restricting it to only cyclists. ... No there are cycle paths and a couple of very good trails. ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: Nearly 9 million UK citizens cant ride a bike
    ... pay some money out for lessons and a driving licence. ... As a cyclist who professes to cycle about 2,000 miles a year Derek, have ... you voluntarily paid to get yourself National Standards Cycling ...  Only if you think training and certification of cyclists is ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)