Re: Community service for cyclist killer.
- From: Marc <webtrash@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 19:12:52 +0100
On 22/10/2010 03:58, Derek C wrote:
On Oct 20, 12:24 pm, Tony Raven<tra...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:"Simon Mason"<si...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Another day, another SMIDSY.
"The 52-year old father-of-three died 12 hours later, having suffered
multiple head injuries - even though he was wearing a helmet."
".....he was pronounced dead at 6.37 pm, having suffered "unsurvivable"
injuries for which surgery was discounted"
So even in Derek's favourite scenario of a simple fall from a bike
having been clipped by a car, the helmet did't work.
Shows that you can hit your head hard after somersaulting over the
handlebars of a push bike, a fact denied by the psycholists!
Finished that diagram of the "simple physics" yet?
helmet might not protect your head in all possible scenarios: Neither
will a motorcycle crash helmet for that matter. It depends on what is
hit at what rate of deceleration, or number of g's.
Surely if you are going to declare one variable( object to be hit) and the result ( g) you need to consider the other variable, V?
- Prev by Date: Witness appeals and conspiracy
- Next by Date: Re: Witness appeals and conspiracy
- Previous by thread: Re: Community service for cyclist killer.
- Next by thread: Re: Community service for cyclist killer.