Re: Psycholists don't need helmets

On Oct 19, 7:59 pm, Simon Mason <swldx...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 19 Oct, 19:32, Derek C <del.copel...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 19, 7:29 pm, "mileburner" <milebur...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Derek C wrote:

Actually I am quite good at balancing on a bike and can do so at zero
speed. If you are concerned about slips in the bathroom, why not push
for anti-slip mats?  Cycle helmets are appropriate for road accidents
on bicycles, as are anti-slip mats for bathroom accidents.

I am not concerned about slips in the bathroom that much.

However I dispute the claim that cycle helmets are appropriate for road
accidents. I would certainly not be happy going into a road accident with a
cycle helmet on. Especially if it involved a car or larger vehicle.

If you want to bash your bare head in, I won't try to stop you.

Derek C

Best not to bash your head at all. Then the helmet issue becomes
irrelevant.

--
Simon Mason- Hide quoted text -

How can you totally avoid potential head injury accidents on a push
bike, with all those 'killer' drivers around (according to Doug)?

Derek C

  • Re: No sporting helmet efficacy
    ... >>> The problem is that cruising up to the shops is when you most need the>>> helmet. ... Most accidents happen near home. ... >>> I don't have the numbers for cycling, but in motoring the vast>>> majority of accidents happen within the first five miles. ... trips whose purpose was for exercise or recreation ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: Helmets
    ... to get sufficient serious accidents to do meaningful ... And if helmets are any sort of clear benefit then doubling their wearing rates pretty much overnight ought to do /something/ tangible to serious head injury rates which are the sort we're interested in and typically quite well reported. ... Since evaluation of victim injuries went on long before mandatory helmet laws anywhere, and they're done for RTAs where nobody wears helmets as well as for cyclists, I can't see you've got much grounds to dismiss conclusions made from them. ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: Why we should bike w/o a helmet--from the TED conference
    ... and when I do I'd rather be wearing a helmet. ... accidents and car accidents? ... the higher your chances of striking your head. ... I take great care when crossing the street. ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: Natasha Richardson
    ... But Utah should have hundreds of thousands less accidents this year. ... skier wearing a helmet had a fatal accident. ... I strongly support helmet use because I have a very ... becoming a vegetable who is supported by public funds ...
    (rec.skiing.alpine)
  • Re: Psycholists dont need helmets
    ...  Cycle helmets are appropriate for road accidents ... as are anti-slip mats for bathroom accidents. ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)