Re: I went for a cycle ride yesterday in Central London.

Derek C wrote:

Those 'wretched cars' have sprung suspensions, dampers and comfortable
seats to smooth out those uneven road surfaces and potholes. They also
have seat belts, airbags, roll protection cages and crumple zones to
keep you saf:. Not to mention roofs and heaters to keep you dry and
warm.

And congestion so you can enjoy all those features for so much longer.

TOny

  • Re: Unrepentent Massachusetts Teen Driver Sentenced For Killing By Text, 1 year..
    ... The same people who pay extra for ABS would certainly not be open to buying a car without seat belts. ... If you got rid of the laws and had cars available for purchase without seat belts, I highly doubt many people would opt for a car without them. ... It's analogous to the government mandating that cars could only be equipped with lap belts instead of 3 or more point restraint systems. ... When a certain administrator of a government department influences standards in such a way that a potentially effective safety device becomes a wash in terms of safety/detriment (airbags). ...
    (rec.autos.driving)
  • Re: Cycling on Dual carriageways at night without decent lighting =inviting death
    ... safety cage, crumple zones, seat belts or airbags, with a total weight ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: To create more jobs...
    ... the kicking and screaming over seat belts and airbags. ... will demonstrate that air bags and seat belts have saved far more lives than ... wounds unrestrained people got when propelled through even a safety glass ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Minivan heaven
    ... I think they are incorrect in not considering airbags as a system along with seat belts. ... hitting the steering wheel, even with seat belts. ... Now, if we all wore helmets, then hitting the steering wheel ...
    (rec.autos.makers.chrysler)
  • Re: Slightly OT but worrying
    ... airbags or seat belts. ... My car doesn't have airbags, nor is it required to have seatbelts ... exclusion of horseback riding and motorcycling mandatory nationwide? ...
    (sci.space.history)