Re: selfish cyclists cause businesses to lose money

Mrcheerful wrote:
closing roads to accommodate cycle 'race' events is really not on.
put it on a track, not the 'public' roads

http://www.essexcountystandard.co.uk/news/8409838.Colchester__Cycle_race_hits_traders/

Just one day against this frequently happening for days or weeks on end across the country as roads are closed to repair road surfaces or services underneath them damaged by motor traffic. And the big difference is thousands of people don't enjoy lining the route for road works. Once more the beam is in your eye.

Tony

  • Re: Yet another reason to protest peacefully and get arrested?
    ... Mrcheerful wrote: ... people dying on the roads, of flu, or heatstroke on the hottest ... that none of the previous nuclear accidents would happen. ... It is not necessary to guarantee that nuclear power ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Brawl over death
    ... On Friday, December 7, 2012 8:16:09 AM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote: ... roads used by cyclists. ... Cheerless, were they going too fast for the conditions? ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: Is cycling with a dog on a lead, on the road, a good idea?
    ... Bingo, again, you see there is hope for you. ... Yes, Mrcheerful wants the roads kept clear for motorists, legal or ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: Darth Vader cyclist terrifies woman in park
    ... On 28/06/2013 08:07, Mrcheerful wrote: ... It is not unusual to get a 'telling off' from a pedestrian, even if travelling at low speed and courteously. ... Roads are better. ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: Snow on my bonnet.
    ... and centre of many main roads here. ... That is the only place I need to use full beam. ... I use dipped beam. ... I drive outside the inner city so rarely, that I was extremely embarrassed a couple of weeks ago, when it took me an age to find the dip switch. ...
    (alt.usage.english)