Re: Cyclists wanted : any age, no experience necessary!

On Jun 29, 11:38 am, "David" <n...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Derek C" <del.copel...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

On Jun 29, 9:16 am, "mileburner" <milebur...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

BTW
you are statistically much more likely to have an accident in a town
where there are lots of junctions and other road users than out in the
countryside.

Statistically, maybe but actually, no way! See next sentence :

Some people, particularly those who ride mountain bikes, seem to fall
off on an almost weekly basis.

Most of which go undocumented and therefore not in the statistics.
If you don't stack it when mountain biking you're not pushing hard enough!
;o)

The statistics are for reported road accidents. Generally speaking you
are safer riding on country roads than on urban roads.

I agree with your point about falling off mountain bikes ridden off
road. I have fallen off mine quite a few times, but since I wear a
helmet and gloves, I have never been injured enough to require
hospital treatment.

Derek C