Re: Help please re bike rental idea

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 09:40:43 +0000 someone who may be Happi Monday
<happi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote this:-

The law is an ass blah blah - I think even something so silly as renting
without supplying a proper helmet might cause problems.

You think so, yet offer no arguments in favour of this thought.

Who would be responsible for fitting the helmet to the rider's head?

Would people want to wear a helmet worn by others?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000023_en_8#pt3-pb3-l1g54

  • Re: I try to buy the helmet
    ... I don't think anyone will argue that ... getting the correct size and fitting the pads and straps correctly is ... ill-fitting helmet. ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: Parents For Helmets
    ... or does the child have a large head? ... Otherwise I can't see that helmet ... fitting. ... (said 4yo does have a large head though) ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: Parents For Helmets
    ... or does the child have a large head? ... Otherwise I can't see that helmet ... fitting. ... Heads don't grow in proportion with the rest of the body, ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: Winter cycling & Helmets
    ... Hmm...how about wearing a stretchy woolen one over the helmet? ... get around fitting a helmet over winter hats? ... can't fit my helmet over my hat, so I ride without a helmet. ...
    (rec.bicycles.misc)
  • Re: Help please re bike rental idea
    ... without supplying a proper helmet might cause problems. ... Could be a requirement of a blanket insurance policy that includes ... Who would be responsible for fitting the helmet to the rider's head? ... The rider, any unqualified assistance could shift blame away from the ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)