Channel 4 - Deal or No Deal Rules
- From: The Barsteward <me@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 14:45:24 +0000
1. The Deal Or No Deal competition (the “Competition”) is organised by or on behalf of Channel 4 Television of 124 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2TX (“Channel 4”)
2. By entering the Competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). Channel 4 reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice and by entering the Competition you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions in force at that time.
3. The Terms and Conditions in force from time to time will be posted on this website. Any instructions for entry given by Channel 4 shall also form part of the Terms and Conditions.
4. Participation is only possible during the hours of broadcast of Deal Or No Deal. Any entries received after lines have closed will be entered into the following day’s competition.
5. Except as further set out in these Terms and Conditions the Competition is open to all UK residents aged 16 years or older and by entering the Competition you warrant that you are a UK resident, 16 years or older and not within any of the classes of persons listed in paragraph 6 below. You understand that Channel 4 will be entitled to withhold any Prize if you misrepresent in any way your eligibility to enter the Competition.
6. The following persons may not enter the Competition and may not win the prize:
1. employees of Channel 4 Television Corporation
2. employees of any Channel 4 group company
3. employees of any third party suppliers
4. employees of Endemol UK and
5. in relation to any of the people listed above, their families and household members.
7. Channel 4 will have sole and absolute discretion as to whether to accept any entry. Channel 4 reserves the right to exclude you from the Competition in the event that Channel 4 believes, at Channel 4’s sole discretion that you may be using technology to gain an unfair advantage over other contestants.
8. To enter the competition you may either 1. telephone the Premium Rate Telephone Number 09013 600 400; or 2. enter via the website www.channel4.com/dealornodeal
9. In entering via telephone your call will cost £1.00 using BT’s network. Rates may vary if calling from other network operators, mobile phones and public phone boxes and Channel 4 take no responsibility for any such variance in charges.
10. If you enter the Competition by telephone and you are not the bill payer, you must get permission from the bill payer before calling.
11. Once the Premium Rate Telephony Number has been dialled and the call is connected you will be charged regardless of whether or not you are asked to leave your details on the line.
12. Once calling the Premium Rate Telephone Number callers will pass through a selection mechanism. A recorded message will notify you of the selection. You will either;
1. be notified that your entry has been unsuccessful. If you are unsuccessful you will still be charged for the call; or
2. be asked to leave your name, daytime contact number and home town.
13. Calls may be recorded for security and/or training purposes.
14. To enter via the website you will need to submit your name, contact telephone number, home town, postcode, date of birth and email address. You will be notified if your entry has been successful or unsuccessful
15. Channel 4 accepts no responsibility where any call back is not connected to your phone, howsoever caused.
16. If you are unavailable to take up the prize, Channel 4 reserves the right to award the prize to another winner.
17. Prizes will be awarded in the form of a cheque and these will be sent within 28 days from the date of the Competition. Channel 4 will not be liable for any failure to dispatch the prize cheque to the winner within this time. Prize cheques will only be made available in the name of the Competition entrant.
18. You may enter the competition a maximum of 50 times per day. Channel 4 reserves the right to exclude you from the Competition in the event that Channel 4 believes, at Channel 4’s sole discretion, that you have exceeded the limit of 50 entries per day.
19. Channel 4 may withdraw or cancel the Competition for any reason and at any time and may change the prize to a prize of similar value. Channel 4 is under no obligation to offer refunds, but may do so at its sole discretion.
20. The winner of the Competition acknowledges that their name may be publicised.
21. Channel 4, its suppliers, their group companies and sub-contractors do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for (i) any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any message being lost or not properly recorded, or (ii) traffic congestion or other capacity issues which may result in a message not being able to get through or a message not being recorded. The Competition is provided “as is” and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Channel 4 excludes all warranties and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the Competition or the prize. In no event will Channel 4’s liability to you exceed the cost of your entry, save that nothing limits Channel 4’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
23. In the event of any dispute regarding the Competition, the decision of Channel 4 shall be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into with you or any person acting on your behalf.
24. Channel 4 may disqualify you from winning the prize if it has reasonable grounds to suspect you may be in breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or your participation in the Competition may be fraudulent or otherwise unlawful (including but not limited to the use of technology which enables a contestant to evade charges when entering the Competition by the Premium Rate Telephone Number). Channel 4 may request you to provide proof of your eligibility to enter the Competition or your compliance with these Terms and Conditions before being entitled to a prize.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
-- The Barsteward
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin .
- Re: Channel 4 - Deal or No Deal Rules
- From: Shiela S
- Re: Channel 4 - Deal or No Deal Rules
- Prev by Date: COMP: 051129+ [pc|www] Somerfield Magazine comps
- Next by Date: Win(e) today
- Previous by thread: COMP: 051129+ [pc|www] Somerfield Magazine comps
- Next by thread: Re: Channel 4 - Deal or No Deal Rules