passenger engine mount and dogbone mount

I have a worn passenger side engine mount and I suspect the dogbone mount (rear engine mount) may be worn as I'm getting aknock coming right from that area when reversing out of the drive and touching the brakes theres a clunk coming from the dogbone area.

I was just wondering swhat the process for changing the engine mount is.

jack up a solid part of the engine to take support of the engine and undo the bolts for mount remove, replace, (new bolts) , new mount on, torque up and lower engine, which should drop a bit but not onto the the floor :) ? job done.

And same for the sogbone mount ?

  • Re: passenger engine mount and dogbone mount
    ... I was just wondering swhat the process for changing the engine mount is. ... As so far I've changed the drivers side, anti roll bar bush, wishbone, ball joint, tie rod and tie rod end. ... Also when I reverse brake clonk again. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.vw.watercooled)
  • Re: passenger engine mount and dogbone mount
    ... Are the wishbone nuts fully torqued up? ... mount may be worn as I'm getting aknock coming right ... I was just wondering swhat the process for changing the engine mount is. ... tie rod and tie rod end. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.vw.watercooled)
  • Re: engine mount replace?
    ... I have done these on W201 and W126, both diesel but assume W124 gasoline would be similar. ... Remove the engine mount bolt from below. ... The pan is strong enough to be jacked up this way, though distributing the weight evenly is very important. ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)
  • Re: engine mount replace?
    ... Remove the engine mount bolt from below. ... The mount for diesel has two more bolts on top. ... The pan is strong enough to be jacked up this way, though distributing the weight evenly is very important. ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)
  • Re: Things I Learned at Work Today
    ... In the 172 it's really close to the engine mount, ... My wedding ring went on the shelf 30 years ago (39th wedding anniversary ... today by coincidence) with a large melt spot on it due it completing the ...
    (rec.aviation.student)