Re: Central locking on Mk3 Golf?

MankyManning wrote:
Chris Bartram wrote:
MankyManning wrote:
The central locking is a bit tempramental on my newly acquired mk3 golf
CL TDI (not remote central locking)

When I lock the driver's door, the passenger door usually locks but the
rear doors nly lock sometimes, they sluggishly make their way to the
lock position but more often than not just stay up so I have to go and
do each one manually.

What could the problem be here? If it is going to be expensive is there
an easy way to disconnect these doors from the central locking and just
have them operate manually?

The locking is powered by a vacuum pump (usually in the boot). You
probably have a leaky hose or two to the actuators in the rear doors.

I found the pump but couldn't really see or hear any leaks, when I gave
the pump a gentle shake there was a noise ans the locks moved. I am
wondering if the pump has gone - anyone know how I can tell?

I picked up a pump from ebay for a tenner and that has solved it.

  • Re: Central locking on loop Mondeo Mk2 Zetec
    ... unlock every time I try and lock it manually or with the key fob. ... That indicates a fault somewhere in the central locking system (I have no ... let you lock the car via the other doors without having to remove any fuses) ... It's most likely one of the internal switches inside one of the door catches ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: Central locking on Mk3 Golf?
    ... When I lock the driver's door, the passenger door usually locks but the ... an easy way to disconnect these doors from the central locking and just ... The locking is powered by a vacuum pump. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.vw.watercooled)
  • Re: 2002 Mondeo central locking fault.
    ... Basically it will not lock ... the car again I can hear the motors clicking but they do not lock. ... Between the front edge of each front doors and their respective door "posts" there are IIRC detatchable multiplugs. ... Some people might suggest detatching each multiplug in turn and testing the central locking from the remote each time in order to find out if the fault lies within a door. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: Central locking on Mk3 Golf?
    ... When I lock the driver's door, the passenger door usually locks but the ... an easy way to disconnect these doors from the central locking and just ... You probably have a leaky hose or two to the actuators in the rear doors. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.vw.watercooled)
  • Re: New car, flat battery: causes?
    ... ISTR some modern cars start the fuel pump when you unlock the doors ... when you lock the doors ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)