Audi A6 automatic handbrake issues
- From: "Tim+" <timdownie2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 11:07:50 +0100
Has anyone come across problems with the automatic handbrake on the new manual gearbox A6?
My friend is most unhappy with the way that his is not working as described (or indeed like the one on his old A6).
The problem is that intermittently, the handbrake will release as soon as the clutch pedal is fractionally released and will allow the car to roll back. On other occasions, it operates correctly (or "as descibed" in the handbook) and only releases once the clutch has a good bite and the car doesn't roll back.
This occurs with or without the "hill assist" feature engaged.
There seem to be quite a few complaints about this on various forums and Audi seem to be denying that there is a problem but there's no getting away from the fact that this *isn't* the way it worked on the last A6 and that the problem is intermittent. My friend has had this problem documented by a ROSPA trainer who agrees that it's not working as described. He's forwarded this documentation to Audi.
Has anyone had this problem and then had it "cured" by a dealer?
- Prev by Date: Re: Bloody cars ... Dontcha just hate 'em ...
- Next by Date: Re: Bloody cars ... Dontcha just hate 'em ...
- Previous by thread: Bloody cars ... Dontcha just hate 'em ...
- Next by thread: Re:OT: Audi A6 automatic handbrake issues