Re: STP Injector Cleaner put into diesel

"Clive George" <clive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Graham" <Graham@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

"Shaun" <shaun.jameson.spam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 31 May 2008 13:37:20 +0100, "Zozzer" <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello,

My wife has just poured a 250ml bottle of STP injector
cleaner into a full tank of diesel. Then reading the bottle,
she noticed it was for petrol engines and phoned me
from the garage..

Will it will damage engine ?
Or should we get the tank drained.

Isn't this just vastly over priced kerosene in a fancy bottle ?

I wonder if some of the high price (apart from marketing mark-up) for
what is 95% paraffin, is tax as its to be used in a road vehicle. Do you
think the company making it would have to pay tax as if it was fuel sold
at the pumps? I get the feeling the government would not let this one get
past them?

If it were, 250ml would attract about 13p of fuel duty. So I think it
counts as pretty much irrelevant.

Times millions of bottles sold. Try telling the taxman that. I'd happily
have the income at 0.1p per bottle (£1000 per million sold).

Graham

  • Homebrew Digest #4923 (December 30, 2005)
    ... Re: Water Analysis ... The gauge will read the same until the tank is almost empty. ... of the liquid CO2 in the tank at that temperature. ... Another method is to put the bottle in ...
    (rec.crafts.brewing)
  • Re: Welding on RV frame close to propane bottle
    ... At a glance the opening is too small to pass the bottle so ... I'm not sure how it was installed into the enclosure. ... I'd pull the tank out before doing any welding. ... compartment about 18 to 24 inches from where I may have to stike an arc. ...
    (sci.engr.joining.welding)
  • Re: Welding gas prices and ratios
    ... Your oxy acetylene bottle mix depends a lot on what you do with it: ... with the 397 CF acetylene tank. ... I think that I will go to refill ...
    (sci.engr.joining.welding)
  • Re: Stupid Noob question...
    ... I will admit that I have fallen asleep on private property after ... the ASA before I remove the Tank as it just makes sense. ... store it with the tank still on my marker. ... I store my marker on top of the freezer so the bottle goes on a shelf ...
    (rec.sport.paintball)
  • Re: Rid my tank of...2 yellow Damsels and a Pseudochromis
    ... When I wanted to rid my tank of my Pseudochromis, I took a 20 oz coke bottle ... and cut the bottle neck off, and took the mouth portion of the neck, and ... After a 3 days of not feeding it, I took some food and placed it in the new ...
    (rec.aquaria.marine.reefs)