Re: STP Injector Cleaner put into diesel
- From: "Graham" <Graham@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 18:39:06 +0100
"Clive George" <clive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Graham" <Graham@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Shaun" <shaun.jameson.spam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 31 May 2008 13:37:20 +0100, "Zozzer" <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hello,Isn't this just vastly over priced kerosene in a fancy bottle ?
My wife has just poured a 250ml bottle of STP injector
cleaner into a full tank of diesel. Then reading the bottle,
she noticed it was for petrol engines and phoned me
from the garage..
Will it will damage engine ?
Or should we get the tank drained.
I wonder if some of the high price (apart from marketing mark-up) for
what is 95% paraffin, is tax as its to be used in a road vehicle. Do you
think the company making it would have to pay tax as if it was fuel sold
at the pumps? I get the feeling the government would not let this one get
If it were, 250ml would attract about 13p of fuel duty. So I think it
counts as pretty much irrelevant.
Times millions of bottles sold. Try telling the taxman that. I'd happily
have the income at 0.1p per bottle (£1000 per million sold).
- Prev by Date: BMW - Faulty switch/wiring for hazards and central locking ?
- Next by Date: Re: Recon engine supply and fit - recommendation for Oxford area
- Previous by thread: Re: STP Injector Cleaner put into diesel
- Next by thread: Re: That Rattly Cherokeen I posted about...