Re: ford KA tappets
- From: "Tommy" <Tomm@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 13:06:22 GMT
the valve clearance affects the valve timing, a reduced clearance can
make a substantial difference to the opening/closing/duration.
mind you on a worn engine perhaps there will not be a noticeable (to
the driver) change.
some engines only have a few thou clearance in the first place, they
would go into negative numbers .
Most important too is what happens when the engine is hot. most
clearances are set cold. some engines will have the gap reduce when
hot, if you start with a smaller gap then the valve may be held open
a little when hot.
more regular oil changes help a lot on this little engine
- Prev by Date: Ford Escort 1.8 Turbo Diesel
- Next by Date: Re: Paint on rust converter
- Previous by thread: Re: ford KA tappets
- Next by thread: Paint on rust converter