Fiesta 1.25 Zetec with poor fuel consumption and petrol smell in cabin at speed.

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone out can help me with a curious problem affecting a
friend's Ford Fiesta? (T-Reg, 1.25 Zetec engine on 78000 Miles)

The car is using more petrol than usual and there is a smell of fuel
in the cabin when the blower fan is switched on, but these problems
only appear when the car is driven on a long journey over 60mph.

The car seems to run fine otherwise when doing its usual short trips.
I've had a good look around under the bonnet and underneath and I
can't see any obvious signs of leakage or perished pipes.

The air filter looks fine, the plugs were replaced recently and there
is no engine management light up. I'm not sure where to look now! Does
anyone have any suggestions?

TIA,
Gary

  • Re: Fiesta 1.25 Zetec with poor fuel consumption and petrol smell in cabin at speed.
    ... I wonder if anyone out can help me with a curious problem affecting a ... 1.25 Zetec engine on 78000 Miles) ... The car is using more petrol than usual and there is a smell of fuel ... the pollen filter located, as I don't seem to get a lot of cabin airflow, so ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: Fiesta 1.25 Zetec with poor fuel consumption and petrol smell in cabin at speed.
    ... I wonder if anyone out can help me with a curious problem affecting a ... 1.25 Zetec engine on 78000 Miles) ... The car is using more petrol than usual and there is a smell of fuel ... sometimes caused by a blocked pollen filter, ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: 10 Best 40 MPG-or-Better Cars of 2013
    ... average 42 miles per gallon or better by 2016 to be sold here. ... kilowatt hours of electricity equal to one gallon of gasoline. ... Electric charge range: 200 miles ... maybe we can have an honest discussion about this car. ...
    (soc.culture.china)
  • 10 Best 40 MPG-or-Better Cars of 2013
    ... average 42 miles per gallon or better by 2016 to be sold here. ... each vehicle produced. ... kilowatt hours of electricity equal to one gallon of gasoline. ... maybe we can have an honest discussion about this car. ...
    (soc.culture.china)
  • Three weeks in California. =?windows-1252?Q?=96_trip_report_?= =?windows-1252?Q?=28Part_I=29
    ... We did the Warner Brothers VIP tour – nice backlot tour - a guide takes a small group of ten and we were able to watch actual tapings of ER and Gilmore Girls. ... After two days in the city one finally gets used to the hills. ... Although many of you recommended not driving in the city we did a lot more by taking the car but I can understand why many people would not be comfortable with the traffic, lack of parking, and the hills. ... Through miles and miles and miles of fertile farms, ...
    (rec.travel.usa-canada)