Re: Peugeot 206 HDI 2.0L 2001 ECU warning light issues

On Wed, 09 May 2007 18:13:34 +0100, Mallory <i.want.spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

update:

I managed to get a "snap-on Tools" EOBD reader onto my car.

Basically there are two error codes that came up on the diagnostic reader:

P1112 Fuel Rail Pressure and P0191 Fuel Pressure Inconsistency.

Bearing in mind that this is a 3rd party diagnostic reader where you have to
put in the car make, model and year etc, I decided to google for the meaning
of the error codes and reveal that P1112 is "High pressure is lower than
minimum pressue and that P0191 is Fuel Rail pressure sensor
range/performance.

The error codes have now been cleared..... I am not sure if the two error
codes have a common cause or if they are separate faults.

incidentally, all three occurences of the ECU light coming on has been in
the first five minutes of driving from a cold start

Keep the answers coming!

Regards

Stephen

So there;s insuffecient pressure at the fuel rail. Which means either the pumps unhappy or the fuel lines constricted or , I suppose , just possibly, your fuel filters clogged or not an OEM one. (Or Bosch or Lucas, who make all the OEM ones)

"Tom Burton" <thomasburton7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I have a hard sporty driving style where I like to accelerate hard,
putting pedal to metal so to speak and of course brake hard.

I have been known to stay in 2nd or 3rd gear say and go up to high revs
of between 4,000 to 5,000 rpm before I change up to the next gear....

The ECU dashboard warning light has illuminated on three occurrences over
the past year when I was accelerating hard and doing between 4,000 to
5,000 RPM.

Do you keep your foot hard against the stop?

A friend of mine had a similar problem while accelerating after much head
scratching it was found that in her eagerness to "go fast" she jiggled her
foot around on the throttle not so much as you'd feel it jerking about but
it was enough to make the engine think it had a faulty throttle sensor.

Tom

.