Re: Identify the culprit ?

"Boseley" <boseley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:dac936$p6u$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Yes I think you are right, probably the female, and if it survives it
> should nest there next year,
>
> Bob
> "dylan" <no@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> "Boseley" <boseley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "dylan" <no@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Could it be a Coal Tit?
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>

>> I think it's a blue tit, arrived in the box this evening and is sleeping
>> in there !
>> pictures on website as above.
>>
>> Thanks

I think it will be a male. If you look at the one pictures in my box at
http://www.daviv.com/bird_box_diary_2005.htm you will see that he would
leave droppings in the box every day. Once a female had accepted his
propositioning, she was the one that removed each dropping. I understood
that it is generally the male that selects a suitable 'home' and tries to
entice a female to use it.
I am surprised to see a rooster at this time of year. My one didn't move in
till December, last year.

--
Dave Hall, Llangwm, Pembrokeshire.
Web:- www.daviv.com Videos of badgers and foxes on our patio