Re: Identify the culprit ?

"Boseley" <boseley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Yes I think you are right, probably the female, and if it survives it
> should nest there next year,
> Bob
> "dylan" <no@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Boseley" <boseley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> "dylan" <no@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Could it be a Coal Tit?
>>> Bob
>> I think it's a blue tit, arrived in the box this evening and is sleeping
>> in there !
>> pictures on website as above.
>> Thanks

I think it will be a male. If you look at the one pictures in my box at you will see that he would
leave droppings in the box every day. Once a female had accepted his
propositioning, she was the one that removed each dropping. I understood
that it is generally the male that selects a suitable 'home' and tries to
entice a female to use it.
I am surprised to see a rooster at this time of year. My one didn't move in
till December, last year.

Dave Hall, Llangwm, Pembrokeshire.
Web:- Videos of badgers and foxes on our patio
and birds inside a nestbox.

Relevant Pages